What to Expect at Spark of Hope
A client entering any of Spark of Hope’s outpatient drug and alcohol treatment programs must be at least 18 years of age. Clients must be medically cleared. Financial arrangements for private payment or insurance verification to cover the cost of treatment must be approved prior to admittance. Client must follow all program standards and guidelines at all times.
Outpatient drug and alcohol treatment for addiction is challenging, often uncomfortable, and it’s not at all unusual that a new client will want to leave – particularly at the beginning. Letting your loved one know that he or she must be committed to the full course of treatment and its completion, and that leaving early is not an option, will greatly assist your loved one in learning to settle in with us, and begin on the important work of recovery.
WHAT TO BRING:
- One form of identification
- Insurance card
- Current medications
- Clothes for mild and warm climate in South Florida
- Personal toiletries
- Postage stamps
- Appropriate pictures and items that provide comfort and a sense of “home”
- Cell phones are permitted but to be used at the discretion of the program director
- Cameras are acceptable
YOUR LOVED ONE MAY NOT BRING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- No personal computers
- No illegal substance of any kind
- No clothing with liquor logos or advertisements or drug references
- No pornographic materials of any kind
PROGRAM RULES AT SPARK OF HOPE:
- Use of alcohol or other drugs is grounds for immediate discharge from the program.
- Possession of weapons, sharp objects, acts of violence, or threats of violence are grounds for immediate discharge.
- Smoking or the use of smokeless tobacco products are allowed in designated outside areas only.
- All Clients must sign out and in whenever they leave or return, as well as their destination.
- Clients must attend all treatment activities unless excused by staff.
- If you drive your car to the facility, keys must be turned into and kept by staff at all times. Use of your vehicle is by staff permission only.
- Negative contracts involving major rule violations not reported to staff will result in consequences or discharge.
- Clients will respect the personal property of other Clients and staff. Clients will not borrow the property of others.
- Clients are responsible for their behavior and are expected to communicate, cooperate, and show respect to other Clients and staff.
- Consumption of food and drink shall be restricted to designated areas.
- All visitors must be approved by clinical staff and may only visitor during designated times
- No phone calls are permitted with being supervised by a therapist.
- All mail is to be opened with staff supervision.
- Family members will be contacted with in the first 24 hours of admission.
- Failure to abide by the rules may result in restriction of privileges. In more serious cases, repeated violations, or disregard for program rules will result in administrative discharge.
- Sexual relationships with peer are grounds for dismissal as they are considered detrimental to the community and to the individual’s recovery process.
- Being on time to all scheduled activities is required.
- All treatment assignments are to be completed in a timely manner.
- All assigned work responsibilities must be completed.
- When you do not know what to do, do not assume…..ask the staff.
- No profanity or verbal abuse of staff or other Clients is allowed.
- Gambling is not permitted.
- Logos on clothing that are gang or drug related are not permitted.
- No tank tops, halter-tops, backless or low-cut clothing. No short shorts, or other tight clothing is permitted.
- Undergarments must be worn at all times.
- No medications of any kind are allowed unless approved and prescribed by your physician and with staff approval.
- No stealing, borrowing, or lending of money is permitted.
- No cameras, tape recorders, or other recording devises are permitted.
- No material other than recovery related material.
- No cell phones or laptops
- Knowledge and awareness of all rules is expected.
- All passes and clinical visits must be approved by clinical staff and the Clinical Director.
- All pass requests must be turned in weekly to the Executive Assistant by 12:00 p.m. – Noon on Wednesday of each week.
- Clients must submit a “Financial Request” form on a weekly basis by 12:00 noon each Wednesday for any money. This request will be approved by your Primary Counselor and Clinical Director
- All requests for money and/or valuables must be submitted and approved by your Primary Therapist and the Clinical Director.
- No perfumes or any glass bottles are permitted.
- No straight edge razors are permitted, electric razors are permitted.
- No hand sanitizers are permitted.
- No stuffed animals are permitted.
- No safety pins or knives are permitted.
- No mouthwash with alcohol are permitted.
- I understand that if I am suspected of using alcohol/drugs, I will asked to undergo a blood and/or urine test. If the results are positive, I may be asked to leave the program with an appropriate referral.
- I am aware that regular attendance is a requirement of the program; I understand that breaking this rule can result in discharge from the program.
- I understand that information discussed in groups is confidential and should not be discussed outside of the program.
Behavior that undermines treatment rules and expectations will not be tolerated. Violation of these rules will result in consequences and may result in dismissal from the program. Illegal activity is subject to criminal prosecution.
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, call 1-844-398-9204 today to speak with an admissions specialist who can open the door to your new life in recovery. All calls are strictly confidential.Get Help Now